We are in constant motion everyday, multitasking between work, our families, and ourselves. The thoughts we often think as we go through our day become our reality. Without realizing it, we are constantly affirming that which becomes true. For example, if you are critical of yourself and engage in negative self talk you will find yourself spiralling down into a sea of “I just can’t do this,” creating a belief system of being powerless and helpless.
Chronic Negative Emotions Can Result in Disease
- Anger can cause an infection.
- Criticism can lead to arthritis
- Resentment eats away at self and could lead to tumours and cancer.
- Guilt always seeks punishment and leads to pain.
The good news is that you are able to change all of that instantly. Positive affirmations are your point of power now! They are your magic wand! Imagine you are at life’s buffet table and you have all these amazing positive experiences you could choose to fill up your plate with, how excited would you be? To affirm positively is to reset your brain into thinking a new way, to declare what is true for you, to accept that you are in the perfect place and are surrounded by infinite love and support from the universe. By doing this, you are creating a new belief system of being empowered and in charge, therefore propelling you towards taking action steps for success.
Benefits of Writing your Affirmations
- Measuring Progress
- Promotes Healing
How to Write an Affirmation
- Start with the words “I am.”
- Use the present tense.
- State it in the positive. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Keep it brief.
- Make it specific.
- Include an action word ending with –ing.
- Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word.
- Make affirmations for yourself, not others.
Examples of Daily Affirmations
- I am so happy and grateful that I am now celebrating having achieved my ideal weight of 140 pounds.
- I am rejoicing feeling light and alive at my perfect body weight of 125 pounds
- I am excited to workout 3 times a week and enjoy the energy I get from feeling strong
- I am attending class on Monday for a sensational and successful week ahead
- I am successfully achieving my goals and can see touch and feel success.
- I am nourishing my body with healthy foods that make me radiant
- I am surrounded by an awesome network of family and friends that make my world a happier place
- I am confidently expressing myself openly and honestly.
- I am feeling exhilarated, agile and alive.
- I am effectively communicating my needs and desires to my loving partner.
- I am lovingly supporting my children and encourage them to fully express their unique talents and gifts.
Tips for Success
- Write out your affirmations in a journal daily.
- Record your affirmations in your own voice and listen often.
- Chant/sing your affirmations every morning.
- Post your affirmations in visible areas and take the time to look and visualize them to be true.
I believe that we are all powerful beyond measure! Each one of us has the accessibility to the magic of creating and achieving the best for our life.
“You are not a drop in the ocean, You are the entire ocean in a drop.”
Hay, L. L. (2012). Heal your body: The mental causes for physical illness and the metaphysical
way to overcome them . Carlsbad, CA: Hay House.
Hay, L. L. (1994). You can heal your life . Carson, CA: Hay House.
The Reason You Need to Practice Daily Affirmations. (2018, April 27). Retrieved from
Images – “no copyright infringement is intended”